20060609

GEEKAPALOOZA!


If you live in Los Angeles, this looks like a fun way to spend Saturday!

Here are the details I found on Michelle Klein-Hass' blog:

An event to remember for all folks who love cartoons, comics and Rock N' Roll!

Saturday! Saturday!! SATURDAY!!!! June 10th!

Join Jim Smith and Freehead, John K., Frank Forte, Robert Rhine of "Satan's 3 Ring Circus of Hell," animation historian Steve Worth, and possibly even Slash (Yes! that Slash!) for the first annual Geekapalooza at world-famous Taix Restaurant's Taix Lounge!

Taix Restaurant is at 1911 Sunset Blvd. in fashionable Echo Park!

Signings will begin at 4pm, music will begin at 10pm!

NO COVER CHARGE but the food is so good and the drinks are nice and strong, so why not eat, drink and be merry with the elite of comics and animation!

Face front, true believers!
posted by Michelle Klein-Hass @ 6:30 PM


So can we expect to hear one of my favorite guitarists Slash doing a guest solo with Freehead on 'The Ren and Stimpy Theme Song'? Haha - I hope so!

12 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Gabriel said...

Slash?? No, really?

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hey Gabriel, he's really supposed to be there according to the fliar!

I hope he makes an appearance - Guns N' Roses is definitely my favorite 80s/early 90s rock group.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Chloe Cumming said...

I don't often wish I lived in LA, but John K and Slash? Intriguing cultural synergy mentalness.

Hey Marc, come to my blog and talk to me!

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi Chloe, yeah - L.A. isn't the greatest town but it certainly has a lot of awesome events to offer! Unfortunately I didn't see Slash (he may have arrived after I left though). Too bad....

The event was pretty weird - I was expecting TAIX to be a hole-in-the-wall burger joint, but instead it was a fancy&expensive French restaurant with valet parking! The food was delicious.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Marlo said...

I MISSSED SLASH?????????????

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Haha - I missed him too, Marlo! Maybe at a future Geekapalooza event....

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Marlo said...

"amazing cartoonist"? hardly!!!!


Nerdy events! ohhh boy

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slash and John K in one place? Now I know I'm living on the wrong coast for sure! Hopefully all the cool stuff won't stop happening once I move from NJ to LA this fall. At least I got to talk to Slash breifly on the radio...

DAMMIT!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Nerdy events! ohhh boy

Hey Marlo, the event got weirder and weirder. Not only was it in a really fancy French restaurant, but around 7 or 8pm a group of transvestites came to the Lounge as entertainment! They scattered around the room and loudly chatted and joked with the dining customers and people hanging out at the bar. Very strange! There was also a guy named Robert Rhine (his name is on the fliar) there who brought in a life-sized fake corpse out of his car trunk and placed it next to his "Satan's 3-Ring Circus of Hell" comics he was selling!

He later had the transvestites pose with the corpse - and apparently those photos will be on an upcoming cover of his magazine Girls and Corpses!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hey Brian - that's awesome! I'm going to listen to the audio clip you posted of your interview when I get a chance!

I think these types of cool events happen all the time here in L.A.

 
At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm...were they REALLY "transvestites" (straight men who dress as women for sexual arousal or emotional fulfillment) or were they drag queens? i've always wanted to see a performance by real-life transvestites.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi Mendi - well, I guess I'm not sure! They quite possibly were drag queens. I believe that they perform/entertain at the lounge every Saturday, so if you find yourself in LA one of these weekends you should check it out! Supposively the live music there is consistantly good too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home