20060418

Pac-Man #1



Well, unfortunately I didn't get my act together to submit any artwork to the I AM 8 BIT show that premieres tonite, but I thought I'd share some of the sketches and roughs from the painting I did last year.

I came up with ideas for several different video game paintings, actually. Here's a Pitfall idea I had:



I also had ideas for a Donkey Kong painting, a Frogger painting and others - but I ended up just getting one Pac-Man painting done. I'd like to do the others in the future though!

I decided that my painting would be based on the cabinet art that appears on Pac-Man at the arcade:



Here are some of the early doodles I came up with while brainstorming:



"Honey, I'm Home"


"I think we lost'em boys"


A framing idea






Pac-Man the Yellow Ocotopus


"Ulp!"


Coming Up Next: Pac-Man Ghost Sketches!

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Animated AF said...

These are fantastic. Rock on Pac man!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Thanks gagaman(n)!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger :: smo :: said...

haha i love that yellow octopus!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home