20060408

Thanks for your comments!


Thanks to everyone who commented on the "rubbery cartoon dancing" post! And thanks to Amid at CartoonBrew for plugging the post as well!

There were several cartoons mentioned in the comments that I hadn't looked at in a while, so I pulled out the ones I had in my collection to re-watch.

I figured I'd go ahead and post some screen grabs too - here ya go!

Wackiki Wabbit (Warner Brothers, Merrie Melodies, 1943)





Skeleton Dance (Walt Disney Studios, Silly Symphonies, 1929)





Mysterious Mose (Fleischer Studios, Talkartoons, 1930)




Stimpy's Invention (Spumco, Ren and Stimpy, 1992)





The Shindig (Walt Disney Studios, Mickey Mouse, 1930)





The Goddess Of Spring (Walt Disney Studios, Silly Symphonies, 1934)




Billboard Frolics (Warner Brothers, Merrie Melodies, 1935





Wow, inspiring stuff.

Stop by Monday - I'll be posting about the development of one of my characters...Greenbird!

8 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well this blog is shaping up to becoming the BEST BLOG EVER!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger SandraCHEESE said...

hiya Marc,

Here's a link to someone's blog about "Walkie-Talkie Man" by Steriogram and Michel Gondry.

I'll email you the duck walk animation I mentioned. Sorry in advance if it's not colored.

And here's the link to the apecon convention thing we talked about before. I only just noticed they're hosted by the comic-con.org thing, so I guess they are directly related.

-Sand, who needs to find ways of packaging her gelato so it doesn't melt at parties.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Thanks Nick!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for the Steriogram link - that video's wild! I especially like that big hand that attacks the bandmembers about 2 minutes into the video!

Looks like I'm going to miss ApeCon - maybe next year.

Your gelato was a hit!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger onemanpunkband said...

yeah, nic's right. this blog is amazing. i'd like to link you if you don't mind, all of this stuff is great!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi onemanpunkband, thanks for stopping by! I don't mind at all if you link to me - I'll put your link up too. I like your drawings - especially the "weird woodland creep"!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Marc Deckter said...

Hi Clarke - thanks for checking out my site! I've been visiting both of your blogs and I find them both inspiring as well. I've added your sites to my sidebar.

Yeah, "Old Man Of The Mountain" is a classic! The screengrabs you posted are great. I love all those Cab Calloway-inspired dances; I've actually been out searching for live-footage of Cab Calloway performances as well. It would have been amazing to see him perform live.

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Animated AF said...

That's an orgasmic collection of animation greatsright there. They just don't make em like this any more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home